The Northern Virginia Regional Oral Health Alliance works to improve the oral health of Northern Virginia residents by:
- Cultivating engaged and informed patients and providers; and
- Breaking down barriers to oral health care accessibility and affordability.
- Public awareness: Increase public awareness and engagement around the issue of oral health and health equity in the NOVA region.
- Pediatrics: Increase dental home referrals and oral health integration practices by pediatric medical providers for young children and increase follow-up care from initial dental visits for young children.
- Older adults: Identify and address the clinical and non-clinical barriers to delivering dental care to older adults residing in community settings and in long-term care facilities; implement collaborative partnerships to improve access to care for older adults; and, increase awareness among service providers for the older adult population of available dental resources and gaps in resources.
- Children's Oral Health Workgroup
- Adult's Oral Health Workgroup
Regional Alliance Member Organizations
- Alexandria City Public Schools
- Anthem HealthKeeper's Plus
- Arlington Free Clinic
- Committee on Aging
- Fairfax County Department of Family Services
- Fairfax County Health Department
- Fairfax County Health Department - WIC Program
- Fairfax County Neighborhood & Community Services
- Fairfax County Office of children Head Start
- Fairfax County Public Schools
- Fairfax County Public Schools - Head Start Program
- Freedom Family Dentistry
- Greater Mount Vernon Community Head Start
- Higher Horizons Head Start and Early Head Start
- Jon C Burr Foundation
- Marymount University
- MCCP Foundation
- Medical Care for Children Partnership Foundation
- Northern Virginia Community College
- Northern Virginia Dental Clinic
- Northern Virginia Family Service
- Northern Virginia Health Foundation
- Partnership for a Healthier Alexandria
- Pediatric Dentistry of Burke, PC
- Prosperity Primary Care
- The Fenwick Foundation
- Virginia Department of Health
- Youth Empowered Solutions
Questions? Contact us to learn more about the Northern Virginia Regional Oral Health Alliance.