2022 Teledentistry Learning Collaborative | Application Form
Please complete the application below to be considered for participating in the teledentistry learning collaborative. Up to two clinics will be selected to participate in the project. Catalyst staff will inform all applicants of their status in late January. Refer to the Teledentistry Learning Collaborative webpage for more information and project details.
For questions, contact Ericca Facetti.
Possible Project Ideas
- Purchase and implement teledentistry software that complements current clinic workflow and data systems
- Purchase new teledentistry materials (ex: intraoral cameras) to enable remote supervision dental hygienists to perform oral health assessments at schools or other community settings
- Integrate telehealth to include telemedicine and teledentistry
- Integrate teledentistry services listed in the NNOHA Teledentistry User Guide, some of which are being tested in health centers through the NNOHA Teledentistry Learning Collaborative. These include:
- Motivational interviewing and self-management goal setting for patients and caregivers
- Coaching toothbrushing and helping set up home care routines
- Providing dental services to patients in a residential substance use treatment center, eliminating pain, and supporting patients on their addiction recovery
- Pre-surgery consultations and post-operative consultations, eliminating the need for an in-person visit prior to surgery, saving families costs related to time off work and transportation
Virginia Health Catalyst’s mission is to ensure all Virginians have equitable access to comprehensive healthcare that includes oral health. The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) Dental Health Program was awarded federal funding from the Health Resources and Service Administration (HRSA) to advance strategies that enhance the oral health workforce in Virginia.
This program is generously supported by the Virginia Department of Health through VDH HRSA Workforce Grant HRSA-18-014. VDH funding may not cover direct care or legislative activities.