Catalyst is partnering with the United Way of South Hampton Roads to launch a request for proposals (RFP), and would love for you to apply! It will fund two collaborative projects that aim to improve oral and overall health in their communities at the system level. At least one of the projects must focus on pregnant women, infants, and/or young children as its target population. Participants will also have the chance to learn from and network with other community-level project grantees from across the state. Applications must be submitted by December 6.
The South Hampton Roads Regional Oral Health Alliance is committed to improving oral health for community members through:
- Advocacy and engagement of local and state decision-makers to impact access to oral health coverage, care delivery, and other relevant policies;
- Adoption of systemic approaches to address the social determinants of oral health and overall health, including economic stability, the neighborhood, and built environment, health and health care, social and community context, and education; and,
- Engagement of “non-traditional” partners outside of the healthcare and human services sectors.
- Safety net collaboration: Increase the number of uninsured/under-insured adults with an established dental home by improving collaboration among free and low-cost dental providers.
- Pregnant women and children under age 5: Increase pregnant women’s rate of dental visits and the number of children receiving fluoride varnish through parent education and medical/dental provider outreach.
- Older adults: Increase older adults’ rate of annual dental visits by gathering data on the sites where they congregate, coordinating existing services, and exploring options for group transportation.
See how the South Hampton Roads Regional Oral Health Alliance is working towards its goals through the 2018-2019 Work Plan.
Miss a meeting?
- Dental Safety Net Workgroup
- Virginia Health Catalyst is also partnering with established local coalitions such as Minus 9 to 5 and the Hampton Roads Community Foundation’s Aging Adults Affinity Group to address oral health for the populations they serve.
Regional Alliance Member Organizations
- Access Partners
- Asian Business Association of Hampton Roads
- Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia
- Chesapeake Care Dental Clinic
- Chesapeake Health Department
- Chesapeake Public Schools
- Children's Harbor
- Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters
- CHIP of South Hampton Roads
- City of Chesapeake
- Communities in Schools of Hampton Roads
- Department of Human Services
- Dr. Orion Willis, DDS
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Hampton Roads Community Action Program
- Hampton Roads Community Foundation
- Healthy Chesapeake
- Health Quality Innovators
- Hope House Foundation
- MOM Project Portsmouth
- Norfolk Community Services Board
- Norfolk WIC Program
- Obici Healthcare Foundation
- Old Dominion University - ACC
- Old Dominion University - School of Dental Hygiene
- Opportunity Inc.
- Park Place Dental Clinic
- Private Practice Dental Office
- Providence Park Baptist Church
- Salvation Army Emergency Services
- Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia
- Sentara Belle Harbour ED
- Sentara Foundation - Hampton Roads
- Sentara Healthcare
- Sentara Obici Hospital
- Southeastern Virginia Health System
- Southeastern Virginia Health System - Main Street Physicians
- The Children's Center
- The Planning Council
- The Smile Center
- The Up Center
- Tidewater Dental Assistants' Association
- United Way of South Hampton Roads
- Virginia Beach Department of Public Health
- Virginia Beach Technical and Career Education Center
- Virginia Beach WIC Program
- Virginia Coalition of Latino Organizations
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Enhanced Dental Services, LLC
- Western Tidewater Community Service Board
- Western Tidewater Free Clinic
- William H. Walls, DDS
Questions? Contact us to learn more about the South Hampton Roads Regional Oral Health Alliance.