The Greater Richmond and Petersburg Regional Oral Health Alliance is a change agent for improving oral health among members of the Greater Richmond and Petersburg region by:
- Listening to the community’s needs;
- Advocating for better access to care;
- Educating community members; and,
- Engaging with community members, policymakers, and other stakeholders to reduce barriers to dental care.
Greater Richmond and Petersburg area community members understand the importance of oral health as a part of overall health and ultimately experience: lives free from pain and disease; an increase in self-confidence; and, the ability to function fully at work, school, and home.
See how the Greater Richmond and Petersburg regional oral health alliance is working towards its goals through the 2018-2019 Work Plan.
- Public awareness: Increase public awareness and build community capacity to address oral health issues and social determinants of health in the Greater Richmond and Petersburg region.
- Safety net clinics: Develop a plan to assess and inform research on barriers and facilitators to safety net dental care utilization.
- School age children: Increase participation among school children being serviced by an in-school dental program measured by a 10% increase in the percentage of children who return signed consent forms.
Miss a meeting?
- School-Aged Children Workgroup
- Safety Net Workgroup
- Grassroots Advocacy Workgroup
Regional Oral Health Alliance Member Organizations
- Anthem HealthKeepers Plus
- Central Virginia Health Services
- Chesterfield County
- Chesterfield County Public Schools
- Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU
- Communities in Schools of Richmond, Inc.
- CrossOver Healthcare Ministry
- Dr. Richard Byrd & Associates, Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry
- Health Quality Innovators
- Healthy Living and Learning Center at the Petersburg Public Library
- MEI Mujeres de Exito Internacional
- Pathways-VA, Inc.
- Pillars of Health - Petersburg Wellness Consortium
- Quin Rivers
- Reynolds Community College
- Richmond City Health District
- Smile Virginia
- The Cameron Foundation
- VCU - Department of Health Administration
- VCU - School of Dentistry
- VCU - School of Government & Public Affairs
- VCU - School of Medicine
- VCU - Wilder School
- Virginia Department of Health
- Virginia Department of Health - Crater Health District
- Virginia Department of Health - Henrico Health District
- Virginia Health Care Foundation
- YWCA Richmond
Questions? Contact us to learn more about the Greater Richmond and Petersburg Regional Oral Health Alliance.