Apply to Join the Programs Team at Virginia Health Catalyst
Virginia Health Catalyst strives to ensure all Virginians have equitable access to comprehensive health care that includes oral health. The Program Director leads collaborative, health-saving initiatives focused on equity, policy change, public health, community and clinical care, and public awareness. This is a full-time, grant-funded position. Specific responsibilities and job requirements are listed below.
The Program Director reports to the Vice President of Programs and works alongside an outstanding team charged with advancing public health in the Commonwealth, driving initiatives that help our clinical partners better integrate and coordinate care to meet the needs of their communities.
- Lead program curriculum development and implementation for Catalyst grant-funded clinical initiatives
- Develop and implement quality improvement (QI) initiatives to promote and test new care models
- Develop tools and resources to support the components of patient-centered care and The Triple Aim of health care, with a strong focus on clinical integration, measurement, and evaluation
- Develop tools and resources to support integrated care, health equity, and provider education, such as toolkits, and trainings
- Document and follow-up on important actions and decisions from training and meetings
- Manage program progress to ensure deliverables are met and programatic work stays mission-centric
- Facilitate state-level workgroups and partner meetings to support Catalyst initiatives and drive change
- Deliver succinct program reports and/or presentations to funders, board members, Catalyst leadership team, and state/national partners
- Participate in grant-related meetings, partner meetings, and internal/external educational offerings
- In consultation with the Vice President of Programs, support efforts to manage existing and cultivate new collaborative partnerships to drive adoption of patient-centric care models that promote prevention, data-sharing/analysis, and care integration
- Grow Catalyst’s service opportunities to advance care integration, quality improvement, and health equity
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Dedication to equity and commitment to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, and inclusion
- Commitment to Catalyst’s core values: transparency, partnership, excellence, equity, and respect
- Experience implementing quality improvement efforts in healthcare settings
- Strong analytic and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and prioritize competing demands in a fast-changing environment
- Experience working with clinical providers in any setting
- A commitment to producing consistently high-quality, detailed work, even under deadline
- Experience with managing grant-funded deliverables and reporting
- Ability to work independently, as well as work as part of a team
- Flexibility, a sense of humor, and a desire to work in a collaborative, drama-free environment
- At least ten years experience in public health or related field, clinical experience working and/or working with health safety net providers is a plus
- Experience with partner engagement and systems change work
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s welcome
- Some overnight travel
Salary range: $70,000 – $77,000 depending on level of experience
This is a full-time, grant-funded position. Catalyst offers vacation, sick, and paid parental leave, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance options, and a Simple IRA with employer match after 12 months of employment.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter, which specifically describes how your skills match this position, to Danny Hillard at email@example.com. Please include "Program Director application" in the email title. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with interviews for qualified candidates beginning the week of October 11 and continuing until the position is filled.
Catalyst is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, employing, and promoting the best-qualified individuals. Catalyst aims to create an inclusive, safe working environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. Catalyst does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran’s status, political affiliation, socio-economic status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.