Apply to present during a breakout session at the Virginia Health Catalyst Annual Summit on October 7 in Richmond, VA!
Share your Virginia-specific public health work with changemakers and health care advocates from across the commonwealth!
The Catalyst Annual Summit is a unique event that brings together clinical and community-level health advocates to learn from one another and share ideas that can improve the oral and overall health of Virginians. The diverse group of attendees includes:
- Health care providers
- Individuals who provide social support services (like home visiting, health education, and vital connections) to community members
- Health care funders
- Researchers and academics
- Public health representatives from the state and local government
In addition to being an excellent networking opportunity, one of the best things about the Summit is learning from YOU - the leaders and changemakers from across the commonwealth. Afternoon breakout sessions offer an opportunity to highlight what you're doing in Virginia to improve the health of your community through innovative programs, policies, research, or other initiative.
That's why we need to hear from you!
What can I present at a breakout session?
The topics for this year’s breakout sessions include:
- Supporting the current or future health care workforce: These breakout sessions will address issues such as provider burn out, retention or pathway/pipeline strategies.
- Serving underrepresented populations: These breakout sessions will share work that improves health care access or health outcomes for populations with unique health care needs or communities facing systemic or structural barriers to health care.
- Improving health care integration: These breakout sessions will share examples of ways to improve care integration and/or make integrated care more accessible. Click here for more information on integrated health care.
- Increasing water equity: These breakout sessions will share a program, policy, research, or strategy that makes safe, affordable, trusted, and fluoridated water more accessible to communities in Virginia.
How do I apply to present during a breakout session?
We're so glad you're interested! Click on the button at the bottom or right of the page to complete an application to be considered for a breakout session at the Summit. You can apply as a panel with other co-presenters to present your shared work, or as an individual presenter. Either way, please be prepared to use the full 50-minute session. Successful applications will highlight local public health programs that can be replicated or offer a new and innovative perspective on the issue.
This is a competitive application process. From the applications, reviewers will choose four applicants to present, and will prioritize new applicants and those who have not presented at the Summit in the last 3 years.
Applications are due by 11:59pm on Friday, May 20, 2022.
What are the benefits of being a breakout session presenter?
All accepted speakers will receive:
- One free ticket to attend the Summit
- Reimbursement for in-state travel and a hotel room at the Westin for the night of October 6 for speakers outside of Richmond metro area
- An opportunity to share and spread their ideas or initiatives with an audience of Virginia changemakers, funders, and health advocates
- Assistance creating their presentation if interested
- An invitation to Catalyst’s pre-Summit celebration with other speakers, Catalyst staff, and Board members on the evening of October 6
- Inclusion of their speaker bio in the Summit program book
Feel free to contact Brita Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Complete the application to present during a breakout session at the 2022 Catalyst Annual Summit at the button at the right.
Find the application for presenting a breakout session at the 2022 Catalyst Annual Summit at the link below.