The Virginia Oral Health Coalition (www.vaoralhealth.org) is an alliance of organizations and individuals striving to ensure all Virginians have access to affordable, comprehensive health care that includes oral health. The Coalition seeks a motivated Program Coordinator to oversee successful implementation of collaborative, grant-funded programs to advance oral health integration, perinatal oral health initiatives, and clinical partnerships. This is a full-time, grant-funded position. Specific responsibilities and job requirements are listed below.
- Work with state agency partners to coordinate oral health integration efforts in safety net health care settings
- Manage collaborative partnerships with health care providers and other partners, including engaging them in advocacy efforts, facilitating interprofessional educational opportunities with clinical partners, and collecting feedback
- Facilitate partnerships with state agencies, clinical providers, and community organizations to promote oral health-related messaging
- Develop tools (such as fact sheets) to improve the understanding of oral health issues
- Identify and engage traditional and non-traditional partners and maintain those relationships
- Provide succinct program reports to funders, Coalition board members, the executive director, and partners
- Participate in grant-related meetings, learning collaborative gatherings, and internal/external educational offerings
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and prioritize competing demands in a fast-changing environment
- Strong analytic and communication skills
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly and make well-organized verbal presentations
- Experience working with clinical providers in any setting
- Ability to seek and engage new partners while maintaining existing relationships
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- A commitment to producing consistently high-quality, detailed work, even under deadline pressure
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with or dedicated interest in oral health
- Flexibility, a sense of humor and desire to work in a collaborative, drama-free environment
- Master’s degree a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Some overnight travel required
- This is a full-time, grant-funded position. The Coalition offers generous vacation and sick leave, as well as a Simple IRA with employer match after 12 months of employment. The Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé, desired salary, and two writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Coordinator Application.” Application deadline is Thursday, September 14. No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All applications will be treated confidentially.