Join the Virginia Health Catalyst Team
Virginia Health Catalyst (www.vahealthcatalyst.org) is a committed group of individuals and organizations striving to ensure all Virginians have equitable access to affordable, comprehensive health care that includes oral health. Catalyst seeks a motivated individual to serve as the Administrative Coordinator; this position is the hub of our team and is responsible for leading daily office operations and providing support with financial recordkeeping, events, and nonprofit compliance. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and detail-oriented with great communication skills, and have a vested interest in improving the health of underserved Virginians. This is a full-time position with paid vacation and sick leave, and health benefits.
- Manage daily administrative duties including but not limited to managing the team calendar, scheduling meetings, answering general email and phone inquiries, checking mail, maintaining a supply inventory, making IT and service requests, and making travel arrangements.
- Manage expense tracking and recordkeeping duties in partnership with the Development Director and bookkeeper.
- Assist with donations and payments including but not limited to recording donations, invoicing, sending donor acknowledgement letters, pulling donation reports, and sending payment receipts.
- Collaborate across departments to help plan events and activities to meet programmatic and strategic goals, including providing administrative assistance to the Development Director for the annual Virginia Oral Health Summit.
- Manage Catalyst’s programmatic contracts, vendor registrations, and charitable permits in partnership with the CEO and Development Director to ensure compliance.
- Provide administrative support to the CEO.
- Assist with audits and tax reporting, as needed.
- Assist with website updates, as needed.
Successful candidates will have:
- One to three plus years’ experience in an office setting; nonprofit experience a plus but not required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to draft business letters.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Virginia Health Catalyst, as well as its core values of transparency, partnership, excellence, equity, and respect.
- A friendly demeanor, a sense of humor, and the ability to work well with others in a drama-free environment.
- Proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office Suite, GSuite, PowerPoint design, and mail merges.
- Experience working with Microsoft Access, WordPress, Quickbooks, and social media a plus.
Salary: $35,000 - $40,000, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Catalyst offers vacation, sick, and paid parental leave, health, dental, and life insurance options, and a Simple IRA with employer match after 12 months of employment. Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY: Email your résumé, cover letter, and a list of three references to Chloe Van Zandt at cvanzandt [at] vahealthcatalyst [dot] org with “Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line by Monday, November 25, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. No phone calls, please. All applications will be treated confidentially.