Virginia Health Catalyst’s mission is to ensure all Virginians have equitable access to comprehensive health care that includes oral health. Catalyst seeks a core group of clinicians to form a Clinical Advisory Board that will advance equity and care coordination on the front lines of healthcare.
Important upcoming dates for the Clinical Advisory Board include:
- March 19, 2020: First in-person CAB meeting in Richmond with facilitated discussion and relevant interprofessional education.
Interprofessional education, care coordination programs, and advocacy opportunities enhance a clinician’s ability to address whole body health and improve access to care. That’s why clinical and community care is one of our four pillars of comprehensive health. To help support integrated, comprehensive care, Catalyst seeks medical and dental professionals to join a Clinical Advisory Board.
Joining the Clinical Advisory Board will:
- Connect you with allied health professionals from across the state;
- Provide you with interprofessional education and networking opportunities; and,
- Ensure your community’s unique health and social needs are represented in statewide advocacy efforts.
Clinicians like you provide direct services and quality care every day to patients all across Virginia. Your input is critical to helping us understand barriers to care and strategies to improve health.
Clinical Advisory Board Members will:
- Shape care coordination guidelines, referral protocols, and strategies to support health care that includes oral health services;
- Share oral health and care coordination information with colleagues; and,
- Relay relevant information regarding clinical practice issues and care delivery models to other advisory board members and Catalyst staff.
Expectations for participation include:
- One in-person Clinical Advisory Board meeting per year;
- Email and phone correspondence with Catalyst staff and other advisory members as needed; and,
- One-to-two presentations per year to a community partner, based on your schedule and availability.
Clinical Advisory Board members must also believe in Catalyst’s Guiding Principles:
- Virginians know that good oral health is essential to overall health.
- The prevalence of dental disease is reduced in Virginia through prevention activities and early diagnosis and treatment.
- Medical and dental providers and educators understand the links between oral health and overall health and work to ensure Virginians receive comprehensive care.
- Virginians have access to quality, affordable, and comprehensive dental insurance coverage.
- The oral health workforce in Virginia adequately meets the needs of its citizens by working to the full extent of their education and training.
Clinical Advisory Board Members
Pam Blankenship, BSDH, RDH
Renee Bova-Collis, LCSW
Vicki Brett, RDH
Tiara Brown, DMD, MSD
McAllister Castelaz, DMD
Jose Cintron, DMD
Tiffany Colon, RDH
Brooke Crouch, RDH (Chair)
Wendy Davis, LPN
Paula Derbyshire, RDH, MS
Laurie Forlano, DO, MPH
Ethlyn Gibson, DNP, MSN, RN-BC
Susie Goolsby, DDS, MSHA
Raidah Hudson, DDS
David Jones, DDS
Jeffrey Leidy, DDS
William Mann, MD, MBA, FACOG, FACS
Jimmy Mitchell, MBA
Maureen Neal, CFRE
Susan O’Connor, DDS
Alison Parks, RDH
Kami Piscitelli, BSDH, RDH
Christina Quiros, RDH
Stephanie Rupe, RN
Tarin Schmidt-Dalton, MD, FAAFP
Tammy Swecker, BSDH, MEd.
Casey Tupea, BSDH, RDH; EMT-I
Gary Weiss, DDS, MFS
Tiffany Williams, DDS, MSD
Jennifer Wohl, DHSc, PA-C
Richard Zucker, RN, MSN, MBA
The Clinical Advisory Board has not met yet. Check back soon for meeting materials.